Friday, February 27, 2015

Happy Birthday to Moi

Yesterday I turned 17! Isn't that exciting? I'm the age of one my favorite magazines! I spent my birthday walking through the Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago, visiting places like Myopic Books, Reckless Records, and Native Foods. These are some of the gifts from my parents and things I purchased on our outing. The first one is an issue of THE FACE with King Kurt on the cover.
These are some of the gifts from my parents and things I purchased on our outing. The first one is an issue of THE FACE King Kurt on the cover.

h
This is a stop sign shaped greatest hits compilation from the Stones. I love how they always have interesting album art, even on compilations.

This other greatest hits album is one of my favorite albums, since it has a book of about five pages of band pictures right when you open it.

This is a book of David Bowie's album art done by Brian Duffy, a photographer he worked with a lot. The behind the scenes images and story about how the Ashes to Ashes video was cast out of the Blitz club in London are my favorite parts

I know the picture is blurry, but I find it artsy. Shove it. Anyway, its my Sonic Youth hat.

Add caption

This is Kim Gordon's new memoir, which I was going to have signed by her yesterday at a talk + signing at the Music Box Theater, but unfortunately the tickets sold out. Regardless, I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment